Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

This appears to be the time of year everyone posts what they're thankful for and while I think one should take time on a daily basis to reflect on this, I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon after such a crazy few months.
We took a pretty big leap when we packed up and left DC in August. We both had great jobs that were stable and a fantastic support network. This holiday, I'm not only thankful that everything seems to be working out (as I wrap week 3 at my new job), but also feeling pretty lucky to have the people we do in our lives. Friends in Colorado that I had never met (being Aaron's friends from college) have welcomed us with open arms. We've had more Thanksgiving invites then we know what to do with and Aaron's sister and her husband hardly wasted any time booking flights that have them arriving this evening. My parents arrive the week after next and our calendar is quickly filling with people coming to visit. FaceTime and Skype are making the distance feel not quite so far and daily texts from all over the country are making me feel a bit less lonely. I've left friends before and my bestie and I haven't lived in the same timezone in years and years, so I know we can do this, but I just want to take a second to say Thank You. If you're reading this, then you are a part of our tribe and have been a part of our cheer leading squad as we drove cross country into a bit of the unknown.

I'll leave you a picture of the person everyone really wants to see when they set up a Skype-date with us... He's all ready for tomorrow!
    Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment